Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Curtains I made...

Finally finished the curtains and uploaded the pictures. I made the curtains because our light bill is crazy high! I am hoping that the curtains will block light and therefore heat. Hopefully helping it to be cooler in there and save a bit of funds on the light bill.

Shoot! I have even been hanging out the heavy clothes(towels and jeans)! This way they get almost all the way dry. Then I put them in the dryer for about 30 mins to finish and make them soft. Thinking I am gonna try less time than 30 mins too!

Dinning room with the lights off. Notice how bright it is in there. Looking at the picture now, I don't think it shows how bright it is in there....

After curtains, and with the lights off. Nor do I think the picture shows how dim it is in there now....

With the lights on....

Standing in my laundry room..lol...

With tie backs (I made the tie backs as well)...

Side window....

Close up of the top....

Close up of the bottom...

So what do ya'll think? How did I do?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi, you did a great job!!!!
it will help on the ele. bill. we have dark lined drapes on front windows-where the sun sets-comes in hot from 2 till dark. I keep them pulled tight all the time!!!
bye for now, MaryLynn

Lavahlo said...

Thanks a bunch! It does feel cooler in there already!